Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is the slightly modified version of one I found in a crazy little book called "The Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner". No kidding! It's easy and has such a surprising twist in preparation which is the secret to it being so moist. I call it a snack cake because it doesn't need to be iced. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease and flour 1 13x9 sheet cake pan.
- Add boxed cake mix to large mixing bowl, make a well in the center.
- Add eggs, oil and water to the well.
- Mix on low speed 30 seconds, then medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add entire contents of tub of frosting to the batter.
- Mix frosting into batter on medium speed for 1 additional minute.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until edges of the cake have begun to pull away from the pan and the center is set.
- Cool in and serve from pan.
This one deserves more than 5 stars!!! It was so moist and rose so high in the pan, it was impressive. Loved the fact it's also so easy to put together. Made for hubby's work and people emailed me asking for the recipe which I gladly shared! Will be making this ALOT!! Made for Fall PAC 2012.
Took about 5 minutes to put this together. What a treat! Made for 2010 PAC