Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this from vegweb.com. This is a great vegan alternative for frosting used for German Chocolate Cake! This got amazing reviews on vegweb.com! (This is enough for one 2-layer cake).
- 118.29 ml vegan margarine (Smart Balance)
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 354.88 ml shredded coconut
- 236.59 ml pecans
- 118.29 ml soymilk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Boil together all ingredients in a medium to large saucepan over medium-high heat for 12 minutes, stirring constantly with a wooden (or plastic) spoon.
- Pour then spread on cake while frosting is still warm.
- Let set up for a few minutes before serving (sets up faster if you cover it and place it in the fridge).
This was a very good substitute for German chocolate frosting. We have dairy allergies and this was exactly what I was looking for. I did not cook for full time listed, just eye balled it until it looked right, about 6 minutes for me. Also used raw sugar rather than white. THANKS for posting!
EXCELLENT! I didn't have any pecans, but it still turned out GREAT! It was my mom's b-day and I made a vegan yellow cake. This frosting worked well. My mom REALLY loved it.