Prep 3 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious blend of coconut and pecans! Perfect compliment for a german chocolate cake.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (14 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- Whisk egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla in a sauce pan over medium heat until blended.
- Add sugar and butter and continuously stir for about 10 minutes or until it turns a golden brown.
- Remove from heat and add the coconut and pecans.
- Allow to cool before frosting cake or refridgerate until ready for use.