Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is the frosting for a German Chocolate Cake which was on the box of German Chocolate. It is yummy--nice and sweet.
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 egg yolks (slightly beaten)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (7 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans or 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the milk, sugar, butter, egg yolks, and vanilla in a large saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat for 12 minutes or until it is thickened and golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the coconut and pecans; mix well.
- Cool to room temperature and of desired spreading consistency.