Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I was asked to bring a cake for a Youth Group Fundraiser Dinner. I always keep cake mixes on hand, but forgot to buy any icing. I made this up and it turned out to be a huge hit! Do not let the diet sprite turn you off I am not kidding this will be the most moist cake you have ever had!!!! This is a WW friendly recipe. I have not ran it through recipe builder yet but will post the points when I do.
- 1 (19 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet Sprite
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 (8 ounce) box fat free cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Mix cake mix, diet sprite, egg & 1 teaspoons coconut extract.
- Bake as directed on box.
- Whip fat free cream cheese and 1 tsp coconut extract (this will make a glaze like consistency.).
- Mix in powdered sugar.
- When cake is done poke holes in cake and spoon the glaze on the cake.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.