This is a tasty, good looking cake. Great for company. I got the recipe from a fund raiser cookbook many years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I use plain, not with pudding added)
- 1 (4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 cups coconut (divided)
For the frosting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease or spray and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- 3Blend cake mix, pudding, water, eggs, and oil in large mixer bowl.
- 4Beat at medium speed 3 minute.
- 5Stir in coconut and pecans.
- 6Pour in pans and bake for 30 minutes.
- 7Place cake on wire racks to cool.
- 8To make frosting:.
- 9Melt 2 T butter in skillet and add 1/2 cup coconut.
- 10Stir constantly over low heat until coconut turns golden in color.
- 11Spread coconut on paper towels to cool.
- 12Cream 2 T butter with cream cheese.
- 13Add milk and beat in confectioners sugar gradually.
- 14Beat until smooth.
- 15Stir in vanilla and remaining 1 1/2 cups coconut.
- 16Spread frosting on tops of cake layers.
- 17Stack layers and sprinkle the golden coconut on the top frosted layer.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Pecan Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9276.9
- Calories from Fat 5030
- Total Fat 558.9 g
- Saturated Fat 303.4 g
- Cholesterol 1229.3 mg
- Sodium 6410.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1029.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 71.6 g
- Sugars 769.8 g
- Protein 99.2 g