Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a family recipe and a favorite of mine.
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup angel flake coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter and add cocoa and vanilla; set aside.
- Beat eggs well with electric mixer, gradually add sugar and beat until thick.
- Add cocoa mixture to eggs and sugar and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to batter.
- Mix well and add coconut and pecans.
- Spread brownie batter evenly over the pan (batter will be very thick) and bake for 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.