Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
These bars have two of my favorite things - coconut and pecans. The topping reminds me of the frosting for German chocolate cake.
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 0.25 ml salt
- 4 large eggs
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 118.29 ml Coco Lopez
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 14.79 ml Bourbon or 14.79 ml brandy
- 177.44 ml shredded coconut
- 473.18 ml chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Crust: Put flour and powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Press evenly into the bottom of a buttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking make the topping.
- In a mixing bowl combine the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Coco Lopez, melted butter, vanilla extract, and bourbon.
- Pour over the sugar mixture and stir until well blended.
- Stir in the coconut and pecans and pour over baked crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes longer.
- Cool and cut into 24 pieces.