Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a Jif Peanut Butter recipe collection and thought it looked pretty tasty. I'm sure your kids will enjoy it!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- light cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Create a creamed mixture of sugar, peanut butter and butter or margarine.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture.
- Beat just till well mixed.
- Stir in coconut.
- Spread in greased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Bake in 350ºF oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars.
- Drizzle with confectioners' icing.
- --Confectioners'icing: Mix 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and enough light cream to make spreading consistency.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and dash salt.
Great bars. Easy to make and I love the fact that they call for whole wheat flour. I will make these often.