Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
for beverage tag May 08
- 2 (250 g) punnets strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons Malibu coconut liqueur
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 35 g desiccated coconut
- 375 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- melted butter, to grease
- vanilla ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C Combine the strawberries, Malibu and maple syrup in a roasting pan. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until strawberries soften.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, coconut, buttermilk and egg in a bowl until smooth and combined.
- Brush a non-stick frying pan with melted butter to grease and heat over medium-low heat. Pour two 60ml (1/4-cup) quantities of batter into the pan. Cook for 1 minute each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 5 more batches, with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between batches.
- Divide pancakes among plates. Spoon over strawberries and top with ice-cream.