Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mom is responsible for my enjoyment of cuisine from all over the world. (Thanks Montana Heart Song). My parents went to Thailand for their honeymoon and mom came back with this sweet pancake that is very delicate and a lot like crepes.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- vegetable oil
- red food coloring
- green food coloring
- sweetened condensed milk
- shredded coconut
- Beat flour, sugar/splenda, salt, coconut milk and eggs in medium size bowl until smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut.
- Divide batter evenly among 3 bowls, and tint one bowl with red coloring, and another with green coloring - leaving one batter untinted.
- Lightly oil an 8" nonstick frying pan and heat until it is hot.
- To make the pancakes, pour about 1/4 cup batter in the skillet and swirl the pan until the batter completely covers the bottom.
- Cook until the tope of the pancake is almost dry and the bottom is light brown.
- Gently turn the pancake and brown the other side.
- Upon removing the pancake, roll the pancake up and place on an oven-proof dish. Place in a warm oven to keep warm.
- When serving, drizzle with sweetened condensed milk, and sprinkle with coconut.
A excellent recipe for Valentines Day or Easter. After you drizzles with sweetened milk and coconut, serve with a bowl of whipped cream. You may also drizzle a can of cherry pie filling across the top and leave in the dish to serve, Use a wide spatula when removing from dish. It is a made ahead recipe and looks like it took hours to make! You have it down!