Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
From today's Thursday magazine. This recipe was submitted by Subhadra.
For the batter
- 2 cups raw rice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (maida) or 2 egg whites
For the filling
- 2 cups coconut, grated
- 1 cup split yellow moong dal
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon raisins
- 1 teaspoon cashews
- Soak the rice for 1 hour.
- Then, grind to a smooth paste.
- Mix the maida or egg white and salt.
- Keep mixture aside for an hour.
- Start with the preparation of the filling.
- For this, boil the moong dal, but make sure it doesnt get soft.
- Fry the cashews and raisins in ghee.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Heat a non-stick flat bottomed pan (tava).
- Make thin dosas from the rice batter.
- Spread 3 tsps.
- of the filling in the middle of the dosa.
- Roll the rest of the dosas in the same way.
- Smear melted ghee.
- Serve hot.