Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my adopted recipe and I haven't made it yet.
Make and share this Coconut Orange Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Crem butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg, orange rind and milk.
- Add coconut and dry ingredients.
- Mix only enough to blend.
- Place in 8" square pan lined with waxed paper (or use a nonstick pan). Bake in 350F oven about 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Can easily be doubled and baked in 13x9" pan.
This is great, but I add a small can of mandarin oranges.Drain them and add them to the top. Wonderful!!!!
Very tasty but next time I will either double the recipe and use an 8 inch pan or use a 4 inch pan because the squares were too thin, great flavor though.
We love Orange and Coconut so I knew this would be a winner. I like a thicker bar so I did ingridents x4 on this. I don't have alot of patience to measure for baking so I eyeballed it. I used the juice and zest of one orange,2 eggs, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 stick of butter, flour x 3, bp x 4 and a whole bag of coconut. The result was delicous. DH and DS enjoyed as well as me. Going into my favorite zaar recipes. Sorry for the long review but I wanted you to know how good it was multiplying the recipe. Thanks :) Made for ZWT 5.