- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup coconut, flaked
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Crem butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg, orange rind and milk.
- Add coconut and dry ingredients.
- Mix only enough to blend.
- Place in 8" square pan lined with waxed paper (or use a nonstick pan). Bake in 350F oven about 25 minutes.
- Cut into squares.
- Can easily be doubled and baked in 13x9" pan.