Recipe by Missy Wright
I love coconut shrimp. I came across this recipe in my newspaper one day and though to try it. It is outstanding. The hot sauce gives it the right amount of spice to go with the sweet of the coconut. Prep time includes marinating time.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 lb raw large shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut, banana, hot sauce, orange juice, oil and orange peel in blender; puree.
- Pour mixture into large plastic resealable bag.
- Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Line 13x9 baking pan with foil.
- Lightly grease foil.
- Sprinkle remaining coconut onto waxed paper.
- Dip shrimp into coconut, pressing firmly on each side to coat.
- Place shrimp on baking pan.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.