Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a recipe that I adapted from a bag of sugar substitute. It's quite yummy and delicious, so enjoy!
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup sugar substitute (such as Splenda)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 dashes salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with a wire whisk until frothy. Add all other ingredients, with the exception of the flaked coconut. Fold in the 2 cups of coconut with a spatula.
- Use a small ice cream scooper or rounded tablespoons to drop the cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also use a sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray for this step. You should end up with about 18 cookies.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 13-17 minutes, or until coconut is golden brown. (You can also bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes if you don't have an oven that goes to 325.) Cookies can be stored up to 3 months in the freezer.