Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
24 muffins with a great combination of mandarin oranges, coconut and white chocolate chips. From Taste of Home.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and orange juice, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into orange juice mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges and chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprnkle over cupcakes.
- Bakes at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
1st try: two stars because of the wrong instructions about baking soda! i ended up with very bitter-tasting cupcakes because i added 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and baking powder. It's supposed to be 1 tablespoom baking POWDER and 1 tsp baking SODA. other than that, taste and texture were perfect. i'm about to make another batch, i'm assuming the next batch will be perfect!
Moist flavorful muffin. Too late did I discover I didn't have the white chips that I thought I had, so I coarsely chopped some white chocolate wafers I had instead. Made for Adopt an Orphaned Tag Fall '07. :)
Thank you Redsie for sharing this wonderful recipe. The cupcakes are amazing. I loved the combination of orange, white chocolate and coconut. They complimented one another beautifully. This quick and easy to make cupcake was big, light, had a tender crumb, great flavor and nice texture.