Recipe by Redsie
24 muffins with a great combination of mandarin oranges, coconut and white chocolate chips. From Taste of Home.
Top Review by nduj
1st try: two stars because of the wrong instructions about baking soda! i ended up with very bitter-tasting cupcakes because i added 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and baking powder. It's supposed to be 1 tablespoom baking POWDER and 1 tsp baking SODA. other than that, taste and texture were perfect. i'm about to make another batch, i'm assuming the next batch will be perfect!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs and orange juice, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients; stir into orange juice mixture just until moistened. Fold in oranges and chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprnkle over cupcakes.
- Bakes at 375F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.