1/3 Photos of Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 10 mins
Using virgin coconut oil in this recipe enhances the flavor of the sweet potatoes, while infusing a subtle perfume of coconut to them. Virgin coconut oil is found in most health food stores. Adapted from Melissa Clark, NY Times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
- 3In a large bowl, toss together, the potatoes, coconut oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 4In a large baking dish, spread the potatoes out evenly and roast, tossing occasionally, until softened and caramelized, about an hour.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Oil Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 873.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.0 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
organic virgin coconut oil