Recipe by quirkycook
This is a family favorite cookie that's always popular around the holidays. No cookie tray is complete without them.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, add sugar and eggs.
- Blend in flour, soda, and salt.
- Mix in oats, pecans, and coconut.
- Shape into three logs about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in wax paper and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice dough into 1/4 to 1/8 inch thickness and back for 10 minutes.