These are our all time favourite oatmeal cookies. It started off as a basic oatmeal cookie, and over the years, has evolved into this. They are easy to put together, and they make a big batch. Freeze well too! Another one of those "Can't Eat Just One" cookies.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, oats and coconut. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Add water and raisins.
- Drop by teaspoon full onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 - 14 minutes. Cool slightly before removing from sheet.
OH, WOW! These are delicious cookies and have the ingredients I just love! They have a chewy texture and spread some on the cookies sheet. I needed to place them further apart. Stored in a plastic lidded container and we'll eat on them for the next week! I did "plump" the raisins before mixing in. I left the tablespoons of water out because I felt it would make the dough too runny. So glad I did because they turned out perfect! Hubby sure does like 'em! Prepared as a participant in the Aus/NZ Swap #36 Event January 2009.