Recipe by fruitcake3g
A happy accident! Making cookies for a family party, I didn't have enough coconut, so I substituted some raisins. The results were so good the family still asks for them, including my father-in-law. He doesn't even like coconut!
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup whole wheat flour (can do 2 cups white flour)
- 1 1⁄3 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and eggs. Add vanilla.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet and mix well.
- Add oatmeal, coconut, and raisins and mix by hand.
- Drop by one inch rounds onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes.