Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not a macaroon exactly...not an oatmeal cookie exactly...but yummy none the less..
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup coconut
- 3 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- Cream shortening and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Add coconut and oatmeal. Mix.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Chill thoroughly - at least an hour.
- Form into small balls and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Can drizzle with melted chocolate and then let set for an extra touch.