Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are without a doubt and with much acclamation the best cookies you'll ever taste.
Make and share this Coconut Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (I like to use almonds, they go really well with the coconut)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together; butter and brown sugar.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and rolled oats.
- Stir in coconut, eggs, vanilla and nuts.
- Either drop by teaspoonfull or roll into little ping pong-sized balls (for a more uniform/cute look) and place on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
WOW! These are delicious! Soft and chewy! We all love them. Thanks for a fantastic cookie Xiney
very nice cookie; although i had to make them into bars as i had no time to do individual batches. followed recipe exactly except i subbed butter for shortening, and did 1c organic cane sugar and 1c brown sugar. they needed to cook a bit longer i am assuming b/c they were in a my casserole dish and when cut into bars and cooled were delicious. very nice texture; not caky and dry; rather chewy and moist and very flavorful. will make these again.
These are very nice. I baked mine a little bit longer than suggested and got a crunchy/chewy texture which is fine for me. Great for dunking in a cup of coffee.