Recipe by Barb G.
My grand-daughter sent me this recipe she says they are delicious. These cookies work very well using Splenda or Splenda for Baking,in place of the white sugar. (note, I have been trying different ways to cut down on sugar, using 2 tablespoons molasses in stead of the brown sugar works good and using the splenda for baking, I have also used all butter instead of shortening & butter with good results)
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed or 29.58 ml molasses
- 236.59 ml white sugar (or Splenda or 1/2 cup Splenda for Baking)
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml butter
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml rolled oats
- 236.59 ml raisins (optional) or 236.59 ml chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In mixing bowl cream shortening,butter,and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Withholding coconut until all other ingredients are blended.
- Add coconut.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until moist.
- Drop on greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven immedietly- if overcooked cookies get HARD.