1/7 Photos of Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Barb Gertz's Note:
My grand-daughter sent me this recipe she says they are delicious. These cookies work very well using Splenda or Splenda for Baking,in place of the white sugar. (note, I have been trying different ways to cut down on sugar, using 2 tablespoons molasses in stead of the brown sugar works good and using the splenda for baking, I have also used all butter instead of shortening & butter with good results)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed or 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup white sugar (or Splenda or 1/2 cup Splenda for Baking)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins (optional) or 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In mixing bowl cream shortening,butter,and sugars.
- 3Add eggs and vanilla until blended.
- 4Set aside.
- 5In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- 6Withholding coconut until all other ingredients are blended.
- 7Add coconut.
- 8Combine wet and dry ingredients until moist.
- 9Drop on greased cookie sheet about 1-2 inches apart.
- 10Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Remove from oven immedietly- if overcooked cookies get HARD.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.9
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 120.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g