Recipe by ladyroseofrohan
Easy-to-make cookie recipe.
Top Review by KitchenNewComer
These are really good cookies. My dough came out a bit runny for some reason, I just added an additional cup of flour and all was well. I also added a dash of nutmeg to the mix and cinnamon and sugar on top the spoonfuls once on the baking sheet. Yummy!
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Spread the oats and coconut on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine and both sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then the milk and vanilla. Sift over the dry ingredients and fold together. Stir in the oats and coconut.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough 1-2 inches apart on the prepared sheets and flatten with the bottom of a greased glass dipped in sugar. Bake until golden. 8-10 minutes. Cool on a rack.