Prep 7 mins
Cook 12 mins
A co-worker shared this recipe with me a long time ago. I begged her for the recipe and finally she did share it. Every time I make these, they are gone in a flash. I will often double just so we will have for more than a day. Nobody can ever eat just one!
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 cups coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt together. Set aside.
- Cream together margarine, sugars, eggs and vanilla until light and creamy. Add flour mixture. Stir in oatmeal and coconut.
- Place small spoonfuls on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Take out of oven when they don't look done and let set on cookie sheet for a minutes.
- I spray my cookie sheet with PAM about every 2-3 times. The secret to these cookies is to not over bake them. Store in airtight container.
I should have made more because I did not expect this recipe to turn out so good! A nice and simple recipe to make. Highly recommend trying.
Great cookies. Easy and delicious.