Recipe by Nurse Rain
Chewy, rich tasting melt in your mouth cookies. High in fiber, one of my faves.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ These are certainly something a bit different & definitely delicate & fragile! They last no time at all, so there's no problem storing them, at least not around here! I did include golden raisins [I'm NOT a no-raisin kind of guy!], & they went well with the coconut taste, I thought! Thanks for the post!
- 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened not melted
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together first 6 ingredients until mixed and smooth.
- Add next four ingredients individually, mixing between additions.
- Roll into one inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.
- Cookies will"puff" and look a bit raw when removed.
- Once they cool they deflate and are decadently chewy and delicious.