Recipe by Bonnie G #2
Recieved this recipe from another online site and is so good thought I'd post it here as I did not see it posted. Here is the description iven by bmarygreen on the site: "A fast and healthy breakfast cereal or high-energy snack. Oatmeal made with coconut, raisins, cranberries, walnuts.
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the milk and salt into a saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the oats, maple syrup, raisins, and cranberries.
- Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in walnuts and coconut, and let stand until it reaches your desired thickness.
- Spoon into serving bowls, and top with yogurt and honey, if desired.