1 hr 10 mins
i made these for a book club and cut them into small squares as finger-treats during the discussion. they were buttery, delicious, and well loved! the coconut just adds flavor and richness, but doesn't do anything unpleasant to the texture of these goodies!!! ................ recipe from Gourmet (June 2008) - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Coconut-Blondies-242607
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the walnuts or pecans. Allow to cool, then coarsely chop.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
- 3Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 4Melt butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove butter from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- 5Whisk the brown sugar and vanilla into the melted butter.
- 6Add one egg and whisk until smooth. Add the other egg and whisk again until smooth.
- 7Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture.
- 8Stir in the pecans and 1 1/2 c coconut.
- 9Pour the mixture into the pan and spread evenly. Top with the remaining 1/2 c coconut.
- 10Bake for approximately 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut-Nut Bars
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 45
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 1.2 g