Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a Hawaiian community cookbook. I think nantu is a kind of mochi.
- 5 cups mochiko sweet rice flour
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) can frozen coconut milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add liquid ingredients, and mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Cut into small squares to serve.
Just tried and am confirming that this is a mochi: it is a baked version of the Okinawan mochi where the mixture was traditionally cooked in a cheese cloth lined flat container and steamed. Not requiring eggs or butter like most mochi recipes, this one is figure-friendly and YUMMY!! Get the ingredients and try it!