Recipe by ChrisMc
Here's a recipe for some tasty muffins I got from the Thai Kitchen line of products - easy to make and fairly rich, with a zing from the orange peel.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon minced orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, coconut, sugar, almonds, baking powder, orange peel, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, blend the coconut milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.