Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
From The Buttonwood Inn on Mt. Surprise
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 ounces coconut, sweetened and grated
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Mix margaine, eggs, yogurt, coconut extract, and coconut. Add to dry ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips, if you like.
- Divide batter equally amongst the 12 muffin cups then bake for 18 minutes or until a tested comes out clean.