- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour, soft whole wheat
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the butter, honey, buttermilk and eggs.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and soda.
- Toss coconut into dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together just enough to thoroughly combine.
- Spoon batter out into greased or paper-lined muffin cups and bake for 25-30 minutes in a 375°F oven.