Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
My DH always gets a container of these every year during the holidays from one of the ladies in the office at one of his clients. I asked him to get the recipe from her and now I have it. OH! I love them! Thought I would share the recipe too.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 (14 ounce) bagmounds coconut
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 1 cup almonds, chopped finely
- 2 (12 ounce) bagsnestle's milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a medium to large pot, melt the butter.
- Add Eagle Brand milk and stir well.
- Remove from heat and add coconut,almonds and powdered sugar. Stir well.
- Let cool down 15 minutes; shape into small to medium balls.
- Place on a lightly greased pan and put in freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- After 30 minutes or the balls have harden, remove from freezer and set aside.
- Melt shortening in pan and add chocolate chips. Stir until chips melts or until smooth.
- Dip balls in chocolate and place on wax paper and allow to set up.
Very easy to make. I did cut recipe in 1/2 though as I didn't need that many. I am interested though to see what people think, as I think you might be able to cut back on the powdered sugar and still have it tasting great.