1/1 Photo of Coconut Mocha Cake
Baby Kato's Note:
I love this special cake. We eat it plain or with ice cream or with a little powdered sugar ontop. This is wonderful when served with a nice cup of hot java or espresso. I hope that you will enjoy this treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 jumbo eggs (room temperature)
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 3Melt chocolate over a very low heat and set aside.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- 5Next beat together butter, sugar, eggs and instant coffee for 1 minute, on medium speed.
- 6Next mix in in flour mixture and buttermilk alternating 3xs, on low speed until just combined.
- 7In a small bowl, combine the melted chocolate, toasted coconut and 2 cups of batter, mix and set aside.
- 8Pour 1/2 of the remaining plain batter into the prepared pan.
- 9Next spoon the chocolate batter ontop of the plain batter.
- 10Pour remaining plain batter over the chocolate batter and run a knife thru the layers to gently create a swirling effect.
- 11Bake 45 - 50 minutes, checking to ensure cake is cooked.
- 12Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert on a wire rack and cool completely.
- 13Lightly sprinkle powdered sugar ontop of cooled cake and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Mocha Cake
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 875.0
- Calories from Fat 359
- Total Fat 39.9 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 220.8 mg
- Sodium 726.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 120.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 69.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g