2 hrs 35 mins
posting this for ZWT 2006 (Asian Region), this is a nice change from traditional dinner rolls. The coconut milk adds a mildly sweet flavor to them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar in 1/2 cup of warm water; sprinkle in the package of yeast; let it stand for 10 minutes and then stir.
- 2Heat the milk to lukewarm, stirring occasionally; add in the butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1/2 cup warm water.
- 3Add the heated milk mixture and 2 cups flour to the dissolved yeast mixture; beat until the mixture is smooth and elastic.
- 4Gradually stir in the remaining 3 cups of flour, adding a bit more flour if necessary;.
- 5the dough should be soft and easily leave the sides of the bowl.
- 6Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and round it up into a ball;.
- 7knead the dough until it is smooth, elastic and not sticky; again, add a bit more flour if necessary.
- 8Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl; turn the dough so that the top is greased as well; cover with greased wax paper and a towel.
- 9Let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled (about 1 1/2 hours).
- 10Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 11Punch down to let the air out of the dough; turn it out onto a lightly floured board.
- 12Use a wet knife to cut the dough in half, and then each half into thirds, and thirds again; this gives 18 buns.
- 13Shape the buns into balls and place on a lightly greased baking dish such as a cookie sheet with sides; bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- 14After removing the buns, use a pastry brush to lightly coat them with butter then slather with more butter and any other high calorie bad for you toppings you can think of and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Milk Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.3
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 285.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 4.2 g