Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is Great another recipe from my friend Marina.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh peas (3 lb. before shelling)
- 4 -6 ounces salmon fillets or 4 -6 ounces steaks
- vegetable oil
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 8 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1 1/2 lime, juice of
- Drop the peas into boiling salted water for 6 to 7 minutes and run under cold water.
- (No need to precook frozen peas.).
- Rub the salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat saucepan with the butter.
- Add shallots and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to soften, stirring from time to time.
- Stir in the coconut milk, ginger, and cook another minute.
- Add cooked peas, basil, mint, and lime juice, and cook for about 2 minutes longer, until peas are tender.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- (If the mixture gets too thick to be a sauce, add a cup of water and cook another 2 to 3 minutes.)
- Heat an ovenproof frying pan on top of the stove until smoking hot.
- Carefully place the salmon pieces light side down on the pan and sear until the bottom of the pieces of salmon is golden.
- Put the entire pan of salmon in the preheated oven to finish cooking the fish.
- The fish is ready when it is firm to the touch.
- To serve, put pea mixture on plates and turn over the salmon on top of the peas so the golden side is up.