1 hr 15 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Living in the Far East you become acquainted with ingredients not usual to the United States. Coconut milk is a staple in many countries. Fresh coconut is soft, not dry, and refreshing to eat, but coconut flakes will have to do the job unless you have a fresh coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan heat 21/2 cups coconut milk.
- 2Add 3/4 white sugar, 3 beaten egg yolks, coconut extract, salt and 4 tablespoons cornstarch together. Add slowly to the hot.
- 4Whisk until mixture starts to thicken. Turn heat down, whisk until glossy and thick.
- 5Add coconut flakes and fold into mixture.
- 6Cool about 30 minutes.
- 7In saucepan add lemon juice, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, 1/2 cup water, heat on low, stirring until glossy. Set aside.
- 8Stir coconut filling until fluffy, pour into pie pan. Spoon lemon glaze over the top. Chill until serving.
- 9Note: Sometimes I substitute powdered white sugar when making the lemon glaze. Also you can add a few drops of yellow food coloring.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Milk Pie With Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.7
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 362.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 52.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g