I'm not a huge pancake fan, but these are delicious. I never would have thought of these ingredients together on my own and oh wow are they heavenly. I didn't have wheat germ so I left it out, and for the buttermilk I just throw a splash of vinegar into the milk--same thing. Recipe courtesy of All You, February 2014. If they're not all gone--put them in the fridge to eat during the week. They also freeze well to pull out for another day's breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, well-shaken (or throw a splash of vinegar into milk(I threw it into more coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 200.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla.
- 4Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 5Warm a griddle over medium heat and lightly brush with oil.
- 6When a drop of water sizzles on surface, pour batter but 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle.
- 7Cook until bubbles form on surface and edges seem dry, about 3 minutes.
- 8Flip and cook about 1 minute longer.
- 9Transfer to a platter.
- 10Place platter in the oven to keep pancakes warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 11Combine syrup and butter in a small saucepan over low heat.
- 12Warm until butter has melted.
- 13Stir in lime juice.
- 14Serve pancakes with warm syrup on the side.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Milk Pancakes With Maple-Lime Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.1
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 79.9 mg
- Sodium 407.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 66.7 g
- Protein 11.1 g