Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Excellent, super-easy recipe that is almost like a creamy Oriental Alfredo-sauce substitute!
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 (45 ounce) can baby corn
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 ounce) packagedry rice noodles
- 1⁄4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small-to-medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, water, water chestnuts, ginger, baby corn and curry powder.
- Let simmer on medium heat until light bubbling occurs.
- Add noodles and cover.
- Let cook for about 3-5 minutes, until noodles are tender.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle sesame seeds and peanuts on top.
This turned out to be a tasteless pasty white glob of starch. The recipe called for 3 1/2 oz. of coconut milk and the same amount of water. There's NO WAY you can cook the noodles in that little liquid - 7 oz. total of liquid is nothing! So I think the amounts are off in this recipe. I also couldn't find water chestnuts nor did I have any curry powder so with the ginger and coconut milk and sesame seeds it seemed more of a dessert except I kept biting into the baby corn which really didn't "go" with the rest of the flavors.......