Recipe by LoriLou
This is a merger of several recipes I found while researching for a special Mothers day dinner. Coconut is Mom's favorite ice cream. This version is easy, not too sweet, smooth, creamy and quite tasty. It might be good with some coconut stirred in at the last. The cook time is freeze time and is variable depending on your machine. Prep time does not include chill time for the coconut milk.
Top Review by ceg8908
Yum!! I substituted the heavy cream with half and half and used a mixture of about 2/3 rum 1/3 coconut extract in place of the malibu, as I didn't have any of that. Stirred in chopped up pieces of Mounds before putting it in the freezer to harden. This is creamy and delicious!!
- 382.71 g can unsweetened coconut milk, chilled
- 473.18 ml heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml malibu coconut rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake can of coconut milk to mix well; pour into large chilled bowl or pitcher.
- Stir in cream, sugar and coconut rum until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Spoon into container,cover well and place in freezer to harden off.
- If desired, stir in flaked or toasted, flaked coconut before placing in freezer to harden.