This is a merger of several recipes I found while researching for a special Mothers day dinner. Coconut is Mom's favorite ice cream. This version is easy, not too sweet, smooth, creamy and quite tasty. It might be good with some coconut stirred in at the last. The cook time is freeze time and is variable depending on your machine. Prep time does not include chill time for the coconut milk.
- Shake can of coconut milk to mix well; pour into large chilled bowl or pitcher.
- Stir in cream, sugar and coconut rum until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturers directions.
- Spoon into container,cover well and place in freezer to harden off.
- If desired, stir in flaked or toasted, flaked coconut before placing in freezer to harden.