Recipe by mandabears
This is a really, easy, delicious recipe from Oh Snap Let's Eat!. My friend from Barbados sent me the link. She uses the recipe in her weekly rotation so you know it is good.
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk, I use light
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, I use 1 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons butter
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- In a large skillet over low heat melt butter.
- Add curry powder and swirl it around until well mixed.
- Slowly add coconut milk and whisk as you add it.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Set aside on very low heat.
- In a separate skillet heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic until lightly brown.
- Add cubed chicken and cook until chicken is lightly cooked.
- Add potatoes and mix then add curry/coconut milk mixture.
- Mix again.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture starts to simmer.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 30 minutes.