I found this on bakespace and thought it sounded amazing! Originally posted on vanillagarlic.blogspot.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Coconut Milk Cupcakes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2-3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting and Pineapple
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F Cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add sugar and cream till light and fluffy again, scraping down the sides halfway through to ensure even mixing.
- 3Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds each to ensure mixing. (Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom every once in a while to get all the rogued butter escaping the mixer).
- 4Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in one bowl. In another add 1 cup of a well shaken can of coconut milk and a teaspoon of vanilla. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients and mix, then add 1/2 of the wet ingredients. Continue alternating with the wet and dry mixtures, ending with the dry. Turn off the mixer once ingredients are just combined.
- 5Fold in the coconut Scoop into cupcake papers and bake for 18-22 minutes, rotating the pan after the first 15 to ensure even baking. Be sure to check witha toothpick to see if the cupcakes are done. If the toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean, then they're ready.
- 7Cream the butter and cream cheese together, about 3 minutes. Scraped down the sides and bottom.
- 8Slowly add the powdered sugar. Fold in the coconut. Spread onto cooled cupcakes.
- 9Cut up a fresh (seriously, take the extra time and use a fresh one, not canned) pineapple. Place small wedges onto the cupcakes and serve. There will be plenty left over. Use it for pineapple salsa, cocktails, salads, or drinks. It's spring outside, there's a ton of fresh uses for pineapple. Go crazy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Milk Cupcakes With Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting and Fre
Serving Size: 1 (2467 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.1
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 209.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 3.7 g