Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are sweet and light and make a wonderful accompaniment to a cup of tea.
Make and share this Coconut Meringue Jam Slices recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg, then vanilla and oil.
- Sift in dry ingredients and mix until crumbly.
- Press into prepared cookie sheet.
- Heat jam in microwave for 1 minute.
- Beat well and leave to cool.
- Spread over raw base when cool.
- Whisk egg whites til very stiff.
- Add sugar and beat til glossy.
- Fold in coconut and spread over jam.
- Place in oven, immediately turn heat down to 325F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Turn heat down to 300F and bake for further 20 minutes.
- Switch off oven and leave for 5 minutes before removing.
- Slice whilst piping hot.