Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
I saw this recipe and thought that it was simple and easy. Also that is was very low in fat and low in calories. These make great treats for children.
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa
- Beat together egg whites, cream of tartar, coconut, almond, and vanilla extracts, and salt.
- Gradually beat in sugar 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Sift 1/4 cup of cocoa over mixture and fold together.
- Place in a heavy duty resealable bag and cut a small hole in the corner.
- Pipe 2-inch circles on a baking sheet, and bake for 50-60 minutes at 250°F.
- Let sit in the oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Then sprinkle with remaining cocoa.
Great recipe! And it couldn't have come at a better time for me! I saw it and my fiancee and I tried it out to see if we liked it enough to have at our wedding reception. It passed with flying colors! It will fit our tropical theme perfectly and since I'm catering my own wedding reception I appreciate the fact that it's simple to make and cheap! Thank you!!!!