Recipe by carolinafan
From Better Homes and Gardens.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
I made this cheesecake to serve to a small group of guests tonight, the only change I made was I increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons... although I have only been tasting small pieces from around the edges, I can tell you that this cheesecake is wonderful and I look forward to serving it tonight, thanks for posting this great recipe Anita!...Kitten:)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- milk chocolate curls (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Grease the bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. Combine coconut and 1/4 cup pecans; stir in butter.
- Press onto bottom of pan. Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Increase oven temperature to 350.
- Meanwhile, for filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cocoa powder, the water, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in yolks just until combined (do not overbeat). Pour into crust-lined pan. Place pan in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 25 minutes or until center appears nearly set when shaken. Remove from oven; sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans.
- Meanwhile, for meringue: Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, combine egg whites and salt. Beat on medium speed about 1 minute or until soft-peaks form. Slowly add marshmallow creme, beating on high speed about 4 minutes more or until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- When cheesecake comes out of oven, immediately spread meringue over hot cheesecake, carefully sealing to edge of pan. Return to oven; bake for 15 minutes more.
- Cool cheesecake in pan on a wire rack for 1 hour. Remove side of pan. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours before serving. If desired, garnish with milk chocolate curls.