Recipe by GoldsmithLissa
Twist on the traditional sweet potatoes. Also a nice way to serve a healthy holiday side dish during warmer months!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced (1 c)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- handful sweetened flaked coconut
- lime slice (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- .In medium pot, combine potatoes with enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cook until knife easily pierces potatoes (12-15 minutes).
- Drain potatoes well. Return to pot over medium-low heat. Add cream of coconut. Mash until liquid is absorbed and potatoes are mashed but still slightly chunky.
- Remove from heat. Stir in scallion, salt, pepper and lime zest until combined. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Garnish with coconut flakes and lime slices.