Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Garduño's Margarita Factory
- 1 cup ice
- 1 teaspoon cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 ounce tequila
- 2 ounces prepared sweet-and-sour mix
- 1⁄2 ounce orange-flavored liqueur, such as Triple Sec
- 1 teaspoon toasted flaked coconut, for rim of glass
- Place ice in a blender and add remaining ingredients except toasted coconut.
- Blend for 8 seconds.
- To make the drink thicker, add more ice and blend.
- Dip the wet rim of a large margarita glass into the toasted coconut.
- Pour blended mixture in the glass.
I LOVE this drink !!! Made it a couple of weeks ago and it was a hit !!! It will be my drink choice of the summer..... Now it is time to get that margarita machine :)
I was disappointed in this recipe. Sorry. It was more like a tart pineapple margarita. One teaspoon of cream of coconut is not enough to flavor the whole drink. I added 3 tablespoons more coconut and that helped, but the pineapple and sweet-n-sour mix shined through. Maybe with some tweaking it will work. Hey, I had fun experimenting none-the-less. Thanks for posting the recipe, Kim D.