1/10 Photos of Coconut Mango Rice
Mommy Diva's Note:
A fun Caribbean inspired recipe I found to post for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large sweet onion (such as Vidalia or 1 red onion, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 minced garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 14 ounces light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 mango
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- 2Add sweet onion, ginger and garlic, if using.
- 3Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add rice and stir until grains are coated with butter.
- 5Shake can of coconut milk; add to rice along with water, salt and curry, if using.
- 6Cover and bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Stir and reduce heat to low; Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile, peel mango and slice into thin bite-size strips or chop, then place in a bowl.
- 9Seed and chop pepper, slice green onions in half, lengthwise, then into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces; Add to mango and stir in lime juice.
- 10After rice has cooked 20 minutes, stir in mango mixture.
- 11Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes to warm mango.
- 12Serve scattered with coriander, if you wish.
- 13A nice way to present this dish is to lightly pack rice mixture into a small rounded bowl or cup, then turn out onto a plate and top with coriander.
- 14Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coconut Mango Rice
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.5
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 808.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.6 g